tomhodgecpa.com is a division of Hodge Group LLC.
Welcome! This blog is a collection of tax and accounting topics, as well as handouts to help you with your taxes, accounting, business, etc. You can go straight to the Client Handouts through the link above.
Fixing Your Tax Problems is another division of Hodge Group LLC and is dedicated to working with you to solve any tax problems, including income taxes (both personal & business), payroll taxes, tax liens and levies, installment agreements, Offers in Compromise, etc. Please click here for that website.
If you’re looking for information on appealing your Property Tax in Cook County, IL, please click on this link to my site specific to that service.
If there are any specific topics you’d like to see discussed, feel free to let me know.
RECENT BLOG POSTS:
- How does the IRS Contact People?
- Taxes and the Sharing Economy
- First Scam Email of the Tax Season
- Earned Income Credit – Some Documents You May Need
- Some 2016 Tax Refunds Will Be Delayed
- 2017 Mileage Rates Announced
- IRS Announces First Day to File 2016 Tax Returns
- Client Handouts Updated for 2016
- IRS Agents Don’t Accept Payment Over The Phone
- Has the IRS contacted you to update your financial information on a payment plan? This may be why.
- Illinois 2015 Refunds Won’t Be Issued Until Mid March 2016
- I was ranked #2 tax preparation group in Chicago for 2015 by Thumbtack.com! Want to be #1 next year!
- Over Reporting Your Income? There May Be Consequences – July 29, 2015
- Got an IRS notice? Here’s what you should do. – July 15, 2015
- Gotten a suspicious call or email from the IRS? – July 7, 2015
- Trouble reaching the Wage Levy unit at IL. Dept. of Revenue? – June 22, 2015
- Confused about the home office deduction? Answers are here! – January 26, 2015
- Think setting up a new company will eliminate a tax debt? Think Again! – 9.22.2014
- Did you file your 2013 Business Income Tax Return? – 9.2.2014
- Need Tax Relief? What should you look for? – 8.17.2014
- An IRS Examination Exposes Past Tax Mistakes for a Couple – 5.30.2014
- Who pays in more to the US Government – People or Companies? – 5.8.2014
- What if I don’t get my W2? – 2.24.2014
- Will My Tax Return Get Audited? – 2.14.2014
- 100 Years of Federal Income Tax
- 2014 Standard Mileage Rates Announced
- Have you heard the commercials on reducing your tax debt? What’s the true story?
- How do same-sex couples file their personal income taxes for 2013 and possibly file amended returns?
- New form I-9 – Employment Eligibility Verification
- How does Tip income affect my taxes?
Older posts can be found on the Blog Posts page.
Please post your comments, thoughts & questions below.
Thomas C. Hodge, CPA
Hodge Group LLC
3943 N. Austin Avenue
Chicago, IL 60634
www.taxbillappeals.com – use for Cook County, IL Property Tax Appeals