Does your business owe $25k or less in payroll taxes? Here’s a new option

Something to help small businesses that owe payroll taxes – if you owe $25,000 or less, you can apply for an “In-Business Trust Fund Express Installment Agreement”. You need to pay your debt within 2 years (24 monthly payments) and remain in compliance while the agreement is in effect (meaning you need to file all your returns on time & timely pay all federal taxes owed). If you miss a payment, don’t file a tax return, or can’t pay tax owed, the agreement may be dissolved by the IRS.

If you owe more than $25k, you can pay down the amount to get below the $25k limit and then apply for this payment plan. If you owe between $10k and $25k you must allow the IRS to debit a bank account.

To apply, you can fill out Form 9465 or call the IRS at 800-829-4933.

If you need assistance, don’t hesitate to contact me.


Thomas C. Hodge, CPA

The Hodge Group
3040 N. Menard Avenue
Chicago, IL 60634


Friend us on FaceBook here.
Connect on LinkedIn here.
Follow our Blog here.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.